Chicken in a Pot
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs with leaves, chopped
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place the carrots, celery and onions in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with chicken. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until chicken and vegetables are tender. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Sep 30, 2013
I have made this chicken in a crock pot before and it turned out very nice. Very easy, tasty, and no fuss. Great for a Sunday dinner one pot meal. I would definitely recommend this recipe. I would also add some herbs like rosemary, and thyme! Delicious!
Dec 4, 2010
Easy and moist chicken.
Oct 23, 2010
I made this dinner for my in-laws on Easter Sunday...it was a hit and so easy!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.