Chicken in a Hurry
I cook meat and vegetables in my microwave all the time, but these stuffed chicken breasts are a stress-free favorite. Filled with chilies and cheese, they’re a cinch to prepare. I like to serve them with sweet-and-sour or duck sauce on top. –Barbara Frasier, Fyffe, Alabama
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons sharp American cheese spread
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a small bowl, combine the butter, cheese spread, chilies, onion and salt. Spread 2 tablespoons on each chicken breast half; roll up and secure with toothpicks. Place melted butter and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken rolls in butter, then coat with crumbs.
- Place in a greased 8-in. square microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Discard toothpicks.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 368 calories, 25g fat (15g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 1013mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as Chicken in a Hurry in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.