I cook meat and vegetables in my microwave all the time, but these stuffed chicken breasts are a stress-free favorite. Filled with chilies and cheese, they’re a cinch to prepare. I like to serve them with sweet-and-sour or duck sauce on top. –Barbara Frasier, Fyffe, Alabama
Recommended: Top 10 Quick Dinners
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons sharp American cheese spread
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a small bowl, combine the butter, cheese spread, chilies, onion and salt. Spread 2 tablespoons on each chicken breast half; roll up and secure with toothpicks. Place melted butter and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken rolls in butter, then coat with crumbs.
- Place in a greased 8-in. square microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken in a Hurry in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006, p37
Reviews forChicken in a Hurry
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 16, 2017
"This was really good with or without the duck sauce on the side. I served it with rice pilaf and Greek salad."