Chicken Hot Dish Recipe
- 1 package (26 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup french-fried onions
- 1. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer the potatoes, vegetables and chicken. In a large bowl, combine soups and broth; pour over chicken (dish will be full).
- 2. Cover and bake at 375° for 1 hour. Uncover; sprinkle with french-fried onions. Bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving: 404 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 1064mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Hot Dish
"This is a nutritious dish, but doesn't have that "delicious" factor. It smelled really good while baking, but it's a disappointment when you take that first bite and it's just plain unseasoned potatoes with a heavy broccoli taste and some chunks of chicken here and there. I even sprinkled on some grated cheese before adding the onions, but it didn't help it taste better. I think the dish is a little too heavy with the vegetables , which overwhelm it."
"I used bullion instead of both"
"I have made this dish many times in the past several years, often for guests. I have adjusted the recipe a bit to give it more flavor -- I use Better than Bouillon instead of broth, use most of a large can of the onions, and it definitely needs salt and pepper. Guests always say how good it is and I've been asked for the recipe several times. I have also used a variety of vegetables, and sometimes I increase the amount of chicken."
"I really didn't like this at all. It was totally flavorless. A waste of time and ingredients, as far as I'm concerned."
"i put onions/garlic/salt/pepper/and some other spices in this recipe after reading previous comments and i still thought it was bland. Looks nice, but taste doesn't match!"
"It is a wonderful dish. I added salt and pepper, but all in all it was wonderful!"
"This was the worst casserole I've ever made. It's not worth the time and expense of making it."
"This was the worst casserole I have ever made. Bacon bits, extra onions and shredded cheese made the leftovers barely edible."
"I found that I needed a little extra salt and pepper. I will make the recipe again but add a small amount of salt and some pepper to the soup and broth mixture."
"This was very tasty and really easy to make!"