Chicken Ham Supreme is an easy yet impressive main dish. The recipe comes from Ki Humphreville of Lancaster, Pennsylvania, who reports,"This recipe never fails to generate recipe requests."
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups (32 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons each celery salt, garlic salt and paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 24 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (3/4 to 1 inch thick)
- 24 thin slices fully cooked ham
- 4-1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 cups butter melted, divided
- In a several large resealable plastic bags, combine the sour cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings; add chicken. Seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove chicken and discard marinade. Place 1 ham slice down center of each chicken breast. Fold chicken over ham; secure with toothpicks.
- Place bread crumbs in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. Place in three greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Pour about 1/4 cup of butter over each dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; baste with remaining butter. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until juices run clear. Remove toothpicks. Yield: 24 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Ham Supreme in Taste of Home August/September 1997, p54
Reviews forChicken Ham Supreme
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 21, 2015
"Excellent make-ahead dish for company. It's a frequent "go to" when I want to prepare the entr?e the day before and refrigerate until baking. Always a guest pleaser."