Chicken Ham Pinwheels
These pretty pinwheels have been a part of our annual Christmas Eve appetizer buffet for many years. I love them because they can be made a day in advance and taste great alone or served with crackers. —Laura Mahaffey, Annapolis, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 thin sliced deli ham
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ORANGE SPREAD:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Combine 1/8 teaspoon basil, salt, garlic salt and pepper; sprinkle over chicken. Top each with a ham slice.
- Roll up jelly-roll style; place seam side down in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Drizzle with lemon juice and sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Cover and refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, for orange spread, in a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, orange zest, orange juice and remaining basil. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Cut chicken rolls into 1/2-in. slices. Serve with orange spread.