Chicken Gnocchi Pesto Soup Recipe
- 1 jar (15 ounces) roasted garlic Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) potato gnocchi
- 3 cups coarsley chopped fresh spinach
- 4 teaspoons prepared pesto
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; bring to a gentle boil, stirring occasionally. Stir in gnocchi and spinach; cook 3-8 minutes or until gnocchi float. Top each serving with pesto. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Gnocchi Pesto Soup
"This was delicious! Added mushrooms because they needed to be used and added a little more water. Very fast to make."
"Thank you, Deanna, my neighbor to the South!! (Minnesota here!!)I finally made this wonderful soup! (Twice!)I did 'sweat' chopped garlic in a bit of butter before adding the other ingredients.(I would suggest whisking the water into the sauce to blend it.)Not wanting to venture out in freezing temps., I did use frozen spinach. Not the kind that is frozen in a block.I made half the recipe because I was dining alone and wanted reruns the next day. Needless to say, there wasn't too much left!I also topped it with some grated parmesan.It was totally a feast for the eyes when topped with a teaspoon of Pesto with the olive oil slowly running off onto the warm soup!!I made it again a few days later!!What more can I say, other than easy, flavorful, and easily 10 stars - or 20!!Loved it - Kitzer"
"This was a big hit with my family and quick and effortless. My husband threw away my Taste of Home magazine, so I was so pleased to find this again online! Making again today :)"
"I made this yesterday. It is just delicious and so easy!"