Chicken-Fried Steak Fingers
Christmas simply wouldn't be complete without these finger licking good steak snacks. Two weeks before the holidays, I make and freeze a double batch to fry up for Christmas Eve supper or set out with dipping sauce and frilled party picks.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
MakesAbout 4 dozen
- 2 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds), thinly slices
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Barbecue sauce or ranch salad dressing
- In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and milk. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Dip steak strips into egg mixture, then roll in crumbs.
- In skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Fry strips, a few at a time, for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Add oil as needed. Drain on paper towels. Serve with barbecue sauce or ranch dressing.
Originally published as Chicken-Fried Steak Fingers in Country Woman Christmas 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips