Chicken Fried Rice for Four Recipe
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 cups cold cooked rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the egg whites, egg and 1/4 teaspoon salt. In a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with cooking spray, cook the egg mixture over medium heat. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, remove and cut into 1-in. pieces; keep warm.
- 2. In the same pan, stir-fry the onion and garlic until tender. Add vegetables; cover and cook over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes or until no longer frozen. Stir in the chicken, soy sauce and remaining salt; cook for 1 minute. Add rice; stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Add eggs; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cups: 325 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 854mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Chicken Fried Rice for Four
"This was very close to authentic fried rice. I cooked the rice beforehand so this recipe came together very fast. Thanks for sharing a great recipe!"
"This was so close to a restaurant taste but far healthier for you! We used brown rice and maybe half the salt. Also used olive oil instead of cooking spray (just because we like olive oil) and carmelized the onions slightly. If we'd have had some bamboo shoots, it would have a perfect restaurant substitute! Thanks for the great recipe!!"