VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- LEMON SAUCE:
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- Lemon slices
- Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness; slice into cutlets 1-1/2 in. wide. Place beaten eggs in a shallow bowl; in a separate shallow bowl, combine the next six ingredients. Dip chicken in egg, then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Brown chicken in batches, adding oil as needed, until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove; drain on paper towels.
- For lemon sauce, add water, lemon juice and bouillon to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until liquid is reduced by half, 8-10 minutes. Return chicken to pan; toss to coat. Cook until heated through, 4-6 minutes. Serve with lemon slices. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Francese in Taste of Home April/May 2018