Chicken Florentine Burgers
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + cooling Grill: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 cups chopped sweet onions
- 1-1/2 cups dry white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup plus 6 tablespoons shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound ground chicken
- 3/4 pound extra-lean ground turkey
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 6 slices tomato
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- Place the onion, wine and garlic in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until wine is reduced to about 1/4 cup. Cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, bread crumbs, 1/4 cup cheese, mustard, salt, pepper and onion mixture. Crumble meat over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with tomato, spinach and remaining cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 407 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 740mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 7g fiber), 36g protein.
Apr 21, 2012
Very tasty! My husband gave it two thumbs up!
Aug 5, 2011
Delicious! I crushed croutons for the bread crumbs since I didn't have any on hand. Used pinot grigio chardonnay as the wine. The burgers are huge, so you could easily make into 8 patties instead of 6 to stretch it out. This is a keeper - big hit with my family!
Sep 24, 2010
I'm a huge fan of turkey burgers, and this is one of the best I've tried. I did use all turkey, no chicken, and I used a Chenin Blanc for the wine. I think the wine is key. So yummy, and so healthy with all that spinach!
Sep 22, 2010
The was flavorful, moist, and smoky. Loved it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.