Chicken Fingers with Lemon Sauce
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
Makes4 servings (1-1/4 cups sauce)
- 1 jar (10 ounces) lemon curd
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- Oil for frying
- In a small saucepan, combine the lemon curd, broth, soy sauce and ginger. Cook and stir until combined and heated through; keep warm.
- In a shallow bowl, combine buttermilk and lemon peel. In another bowl, combine flour and cornstarch. Dip chicken in buttermilk mixture, then coat with flour mixture.
- In an electric skillet, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken, a few strips at a time, for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Drain on paper towels. Serve with lemon sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 680 calories, 21g fat (5g saturated fat), 139mg cholesterol, 271mg sodium, 83g carbohydrate (53g sugars, 1g fiber), 32g protein.
Jul 28, 2017
My family gave this a Big 10!!!!! I didn't make any adjustments... the sauce is great. Definite keeper!
Jun 30, 2017
These frest tasting chicken finger are a sure hit with my family!
Sep 2, 2014
Jul 12, 2012
the sauce is great and freezes well
Jan 21, 2010
This is good!
May 5, 2009
You mentioned an apple rice pilaf salad that you pair with the chicken. Can't find the recipe. Help
Apr 27, 2009
We tried this with Lime Curd Instead of Lemon Curd. Should have rolled it in coconut since we added the lime.Very easy recipe to make with great results.
Apr 18, 2009
Can the lemon curd be made with splenda instead of sugar, my Mom is a diabetic and has to watch her carbs.SincerelySharon Williamson
Apr 17, 2009
These could be baked instead of deep fried. I've successfully baked tenders whether they be fully cooked tenders or raw ones. Preheat oven to about 350 degrees, spray a baking pan well with cooking spray, place tenders & give them a good spray. Cook around 8 minutes, then turn them over & spray well again, if needed, and cook another 8 minutes or until dones. When done, place tenders on paper towels to remove excess oil.
Apr 17, 2009
Way too many carbs. What if you don't have an electric fry pan?judith sarah
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.