Making these delicious bundles requires just a few ingredients. I put the remaining pastry back in the freezer to use another time.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 sheets phyllo dough (18 inches x 14 inches)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta or shredded mozzarella cheese
- Place one sheet phyllo dough on a work surface; brush with melted butter. Repeat with 2 more sheets or phyllo, brushing each layer. (Keep remaining phyllo dough covered with waxed paper to avoid drying out.) Season chicken with lemon-pepper. Place 1 chicken breast along one short edge of pastry. Top with 1/4 cup cheese. Fold sides over chicken, then roll up. Brush with melted butter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until phyllo dough is golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chicken-Feta Phyllo Bundles in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p157