- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 can (7 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup whole almonds, toasted
- Shredded lettuce
- 3 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Combine 1 tablespoon oil, lime juice, garlic, cumin and oregano. Toss with chicken; marinate at least 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a skillet, heat remaining oil on medium-high. Saute onion 2 minutes. Drain chicken, reserving marinade. Add chicken to skillet; stir-fry until it begins to brown. Add red pepper, chilies and marinade; cook 2 minutes. Stir in almonds. Serve immediately over shredded lettuce and top with tomatoes and avocado. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forChicken Fajita Salad
"Heaven on Earth!"
"This was great. I used pre cooked chicken."
"I use just the marinated chicken for fajitas--delicious!"
"A long-time favorite that I have made so many times I had forgotten where I got the recipe. Glad to run across 'the original' again! For some reason I never got in the habit of including the toasted almonds, but it sounds good so I'll try it with them next time."