Chicken Enchilada Verde Pizza Recipe
You'll need to grab a knife and fork for this loaded, irresistible pizza. One bite and you'll be hooked!—Michael O'Brien, Madison, Wisconsin
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 6 tomatillos, husks removed, quartered
- 2 cans (4-1/2 ounces each) chopped green chilies, divided
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 ounces sliced deli chicken, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ancho chili pepper
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce with lime
- 1. Unfold puff pastry sheets and place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- 2. Broil tomatillos 4-6 inches from the heat for 5-10 minutes or until skins are golden brown; cool completely.
- 3. Place 1 can green chilies, 1/4 cup cilantro and tomatillos in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Spread over puff pastry crusts and sprinkle with cheese.
- 4. In a large skillet, saute onion and jalapeno in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the chicken, cumin, coriander and remaining green chilies; heat through. Stir in remaining cilantro. Spoon mixture over cheese. Sprinkle with ancho chili pepper.
- 5. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Combine sour cream and hot sauce; serve with pizza. Yield: 2 pizzas (6 pieces each).
1 piece: 314 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 498mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 4g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Enchilada Verde Pizza
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC