Chicken Egg Pie Recipe
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Unroll crescent dough; separate into triangles. Arrange in a greased 9-in. pie plate, forming a crust; seal seams and perforations. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese, bacon and ham.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over ham. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover edges of crust loosely with foil.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes. Remove foil. Bake 20 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 337 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 155mg cholesterol, 802mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Egg Pie
"My family loves this quiche! It is so simple to make and has a nice flavor. I usually use a refrigerated pie crust instead of the crescent rolls because I normally have that on hand. Yummy!"
"My mom and I used to make this when I was younger. I am now living on my own and cook for my friends all the time. Just a few days ago I remembered this recipe and couldn't remember where it came from. So the search was on my mom told me that it came out of a Taste of Home like she knew it all along! Well this used to be one of my favorite meals for any time and i intend on making it some of my friends favorites too!"