Chicken Egg Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Unroll crescent dough; separate into triangles. Arrange in a greased 9-in. pie plate, forming a crust; seal seams and perforations. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese, bacon and ham.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over ham. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover edges of crust loosely with foil.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes. Remove foil. Bake 20 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 337 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 155mg cholesterol, 802mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 18g protein.
Nov 26, 2013
I have been making this for over ten years and it is always wonderful. I love the flavor of the crescent roll crust running together with the ham, egg, and cheese. I usually do not add bacon, it is just as good either way and it is always quick and easy.
May 1, 2012
My family loves this quiche! It is so simple to make and has a nice flavor. I usually use a refrigerated pie crust instead of the crescent rolls because I normally have that on hand. Yummy!
Oct 20, 2010
Quick and easy, great for using up leftover ham
Aug 16, 2008
My mom and I used to make this when I was younger. I am now living on my own and cook for my friends all the time. Just a few days ago I remembered this recipe and couldn't remember where it came from. So the search was on my mom told me that it came out of a Taste of Home like she knew it all along! Well this used to be one of my favorite meals for any time and i intend on making it some of my friends favorites too!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.