Chicken Dumpling Soup
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3-1/3 cups 2% milk, divided
- 1-2/3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1. In a 3-qt. saucepan, combine soup and 2-2/3 cups of milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine biscuit mix with remaining milk just until blended. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto simmering soup. Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 3. Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift the cover while simmering).
1 cup: 359 calories, 6g fat (0 saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 1276mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 fat-free milk, 1 fat.
Nov 24, 2019amazing, simple, and good! deb P VFE
Mar 1, 2015
Oct 11, 2010
This recipe is super simple and super delicious...I make it a lot in the winter and fall....
Oct 11, 2010
this recipe is super easy and super delicious...I make it a lot in the winter and fall...
Feb 19, 2010
This is surprisingly good--we make it often. It's a good, cheap staple--quite filling too. We occasionally add diced chicken or some frozen veggies just to add some variety.
Dec 31, 1969
My Mom made this quite often when we were kids, but I had forgotten about it until I read this recipe. Thanks for the reminder, I know what I'm having for supper now!