Chicken Dressing Casserole Recipe
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 package (6 ounces) reduced-sodium stuffing mix
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1/2 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1. In a bowl, combine the broth and soups; set aside. In a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer half of the stuffing mix, 1 cup chicken, 3/4 cup mixed vegetables and half of the soup mixture. Repeat layers.(Dish will be full.)
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake for 15 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs and butter. Sprinkle over casserole. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and topping is golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 303 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 930mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.