In San Diego, California, reader Shirley Miller dresses up a jar of creamy white pasta sauce with sherry and nutmeg, then cooks it with chicken and vegetables. Served over noodles, the hearty combination is swift and satisfying.
Recommended: 28 Delicious Recipes for Two
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Dash pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Parmesan and mozzarella pasta sauce*
- 2 tablespoons sherry or chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Hot cooked noodles
- Place chicken in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. microwave-safe dish; sprinkle with pepper. Cover with waxed paper. Microwave on high for 6-7 minutes or until juices run clear, rotating dish every 2 minutes; drain.
- In a microwaves-safe bowl, combine the broccoli, carrots and water. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Spoon over chicken. In a small bowl, combine the pasta sauce, sherry or broth and nutmeg; pour over chicken and vegetables. Cover and cook on high for 3 minutes or until heated through. Serve over noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Divine in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p55
Reviews forChicken Divine
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 26, 2012
"Where do u get the parmesan and mozzarella pasta sauce?"