Chicken Divan in a Packet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- Place each chicken breast half in the center of a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). In a bowl, combine the rice, soup and water; spoon over chicken. Arrange broccoli and mushrooms on top. Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and rice is tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Sprinkle with cheese before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 325 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 440mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein.
Jan 15, 2013
I followed the directions with one exception. I cut up the chicken into bite-sized pieces. It took an extra 10 minutes in the oven. I also had to stir it as I had some raw chicken in the middle of the packet. Maybe I needed to spread all the ingredients out more and will try that next time I make this. My daughter, who is picky, liked this recipe and said she would like this again.
Aug 24, 2011
I doubled this recipe so the cooking times were way off for me but it was a winner in my house. I marinated the breast in a garlic marinade all day prior to cooking as well.
Apr 29, 2011
This sounds so good, but can I make it ahead and freeze, and take camping with usMary
Jan 1, 2010
I like saucy dishes, so I double the soup mixture. I also bake @ 450 for about 40 minutes or so depending on thickness of chicken so that it is more tender. And when it is done baking, we smother in cheese. This is sooo delicious!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.