Chicken Cutlets with Citrus Cherry Sauce Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1. Flatten chicken breasts to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat; set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the juices, cherries and mustard. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup.
- 3. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in butter and oil for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Serve with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 316 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 458mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Chicken Cutlets with Citrus Cherry Sauce
"This was very good and simple to make."
"This recipe is both elegant and delicious. Because of the tartness of the sauce, I paired it with a creamy spinach and artichoke casserole. It was a perfect combination!"
"Very good! I flattened whole chicken breasts instead of using cutlets and substituted dried cranberries for the cherries. A great recipie for using fruit from my citrus trees! My boyfriend loved it served with roasted broccoli. Will definitely make again."