- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- Dash each garlic powder, onion powder and pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (4 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons canola or vegetable oil
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper. In another bowl, combine cheese and buttermilk. Place bread crumbs in a third shallow bowl.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Coat chicken with flour mixture; dip in buttermilk, then coat with crumbs. In a skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil for 3-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Yield: 1 serving.
Reviews forChicken Cutlet
"I found this to be an excellent recipe. At first I balked at the three-stage dredging/breading process but followed the recipe as written and the breading stayed on the chicken beautifully. The end produce was quite attractive on the plate. This was a really nice dish that I served it with mashed potatoes."
"It had an average taste. It seemed like it was missing something."
"I do this chicken recipe all the time too except I spray the baking dish with nonstick butter spray, dip the breasts in beatn egg w/TBS. of milk and then dip it in a bowl with italian bread crumbs mixed with grated parmesan cheese, drizzle with melted butter before putting in the oven. I'll have to try your version one day real soon though! Thanks!Julei"
"This is a great recipe. I make them, but dredge them in flour and then beaten egg with a teaspoon of milk, then in breadcrumbs. Both are great! Thanks for your version, loved it, too"