Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes with Italian herbs
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt, pepper and cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder, paprika and chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground tumeric, ginger and cloves
- 6 cups hot cooked rice
- In a saucepan, saute chicken and onion in oil until chicken is browned. Stir in the tomatoes and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 411 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 715mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2-1/2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 24, 2015
I cut the recipe in half and used petite diced tomatoes instead of crushed tomatoes. Delicious..but my daughter wanted it spicier. I thought it was good according to the recipe. I didn't have any turmeric but there is turmeric in the curry powder so it really isn't needed.
May 29, 2011
After reviewing the recipe and comments, decided to use a little less than half of the cayenne pepper. Very tasty, just enough "hot", and extremely quick and easy.
Mar 4, 2011
We didn't like this one. It was too spicy, and lacking something... There are other better curry recipes out there, and I wont be making this one again.
Jan 13, 2010
My husband thought it was awsome. It was a bit spicy for the family but good.