Chicken Crumb Coating
A crunchy cornflake coating made with sesame seeds, oregano and Parmesan cheese complements this chicken from Joan Laurenzo, Johnstown, Ohio. "I love serving it to company because it always turns out wonderfully," she relates.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
Makes4-6 servings per batch
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup milk
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 months. Yield: 2 batches (about 3 cups total).
- To prepare chicken: Dip chicken pieces in milk, then roll in about 1-1/4 cups coating mix. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 352 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 314mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 33g protein.
Originally published as Chicken Crumb Coating in Quick Cooking July/August 2001