- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 package (14 ounces) seasoned stuffing croutons
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- In a large bowl, combine the broth, soup, sour cream and butter. Stir in croutons and chicken. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forChicken Crouton Hot Dish
"I halved this recipe for my husband and I. I happened to have leftover roast chicken and all of the other ingredients on hand and decided to give this try. Very quick and easy to assemble and it tasted delicious. I did add some shredded cheddar cheese to the top while baking (we love cheese ;)... great recipe... we loved it. Next time I will be making a vegetarian version of this using vegetable broth, mushroom soup and sauteed mushrooms (instead of chicken). Highly recommend this dish to anyone looking for a tasty, quick, comforting meal. Thanks Beth, no wonder your mom is famous ;))))"
"Fridge went bad and I was trying to use up stuff on hand quickly. Added 8 oz. light cream cheese and extra sour cream, also light. Used milk in place of the broth and added extra milk (to use up what I had) instead of the melted butter. Sprinkled fried onions on top for the last 10 minutes. Served steamed broccoli on the side, but next time I would stir the broccoli in and bake it all together. Good dinner."
"I found this recipe in one of my Taste of Home cook books & just had to review it. This dish is perfect comfort food & is great for busy week nights. Cream of celery soup also works well in place of cream of chicken. I like to saute a bit of onion and celery to add a bit more flavor and color, but this recipe is also great as written."