Chicken-Cranberry Hot Dish
In my family, we never eat chicken without cranberry sauce! This chicken is fall-off-the-bone tender; the sauce is divine with mashed potatoes. —Lorraine Caland, Shuniah, Ontario
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (4 pounds), cut up
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon A.1. steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides in batches; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. Add onion and celery to skillet; saute over medium-high heat until tender, 3-4 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour over chicken.
- 3. Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, 4-5 hours. Skim fat from cooking juices; serve with chicken.
1 serving with 1/2 cup sauce: 829 calories, 41g fat (10g saturated fat), 209mg cholesterol, 1140mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fiber), 66g protein.
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC