Chicken Corn Chowder
"this is a great dish when you need a meal in a hurry," promises Sharon Gentert of Wendell, Idaho. "We like to make it with mushroom soup, but you can change the ingredients to accommodate your family's tastes and whatever items you have on hand."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken or mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the soup, milk, onion and rosemary. Stir in chicken and corn; heat through. Add the cheese; stir until melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 297 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 775mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Chicken Corn Chowder in Quick Cooking November/December 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.