- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 thin slices fully cooked ham
- 4 thin slices Swiss cheese
- 8 bacon strips
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Flatten chicken breasts; spread butter on the insides. Sprinkle with thyme. Top with a slice of ham and cheese; roll up tightly. Wrap each with two slices of bacon and secure with toothpicks. In a small bowl, beat eggs and milk; set aside. Place flour in another bowl. Combine the bread crumbs, garlic powder, oregano and cheese. Dip each chicken breast into egg mixture, then flour, again into egg mixture and then into crumbs. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChicken Cordon Bleu
"Very good recipe, we have made it time and time again, great for a special meal."
"This recipe has become a favorite of mine. Thanks!"
"Great recipe. I have made this for years. My best friend has even requested it as her birthday dinner."
"an excellent chicken dish"
"This is my husband's favorite meal. He requests this often for his birthday."