- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 cups uncooked whole wheat egg noodles
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually stir in broth, wine and mustard. Bring to a boil.
- Add noodles; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-12 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in chicken, ham and 1/4 cup cheese until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat; stir in sour cream, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with green onion and remaining cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forChicken Cordon Bleu Stroganoff
"easy to prepare and delicious to eat! I made it ahead of time and the wonderful aroma was driving me nuts all day! I used coarse ground dijon which to me has a stronger flavor. Will definitely make this often!"
"Just made this for my son and myself. We loved it. I used regular egg noodles, and instead of the flour, broth & wine I simply boiled & drained the noodles & used a jar of chicken gravy and the sour cream with the swiss cheese for the sauce. Also, sprinkled in some dried chives instead of chopping an onion. I saut?ed my chicken till it was almost done and then added the mushrooms to cook along with it. Saved me some time and energy. Oh, and I failed to add the mustard. Oops."
"It was very good. A different take on Stroganoff. I could not find whole wheat noodles so used the regular ones and my Swiss cheese was smoked, so I used that. There wasn't enough to affect the taste. I might use more the next time."
"Simple, creamy, and delicious."
"This was simple, fast and delicious! Will try it with pork tenderloin next. May also add some more mustard or garlic. Definitely a keeper here!"