Chicken Cordon Bleu Puffs
I bought a new jumbo muffin tin and wanted to use it. I love the flavors of chicken cordon bleu, but wanted a faster weeknight version, so I pulled this recipe togerther one evening. We loved it so much I had to make it again the next week! —Angela Keller, Newburgh, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
- 4 slices deli ham, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 package (17.30 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 2-3 minutes. Stir in Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, seasoned salt and mustard; remove from heat. Stir in chicken, ham and Swiss cheese.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry. Roll each pastry out into an 11-inch square. Cut each pastry into fourths. Place in eight greased jumbo muffin cups, pressing gently onto bottoms and up sides, allowing corners to point up. Divide chicken mixture among cups. Bring pastry corners together and pinch to seal.
- Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 puff: 454 calories, 25g fat (8g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 542mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 5g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Chicken Cordon Bleu Puffs in Simple & Delicious April/May 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.