Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups sliced cooked chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 3/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat cream and cream cheese over medium heat until smooth, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1 cup Swiss cheese, onion powder, garlic salt and pepper until blended.
- Drain pasta; stir in chicken, bacon and ham. Add sauce; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and the bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, 18-22 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 826 calories, 56g fat (33g saturated fat), 249mg cholesterol, 1093mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 47g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 18, 2018
This recipe is definitely terrific...gave it only four stars just because of the calorie count....but it tastes great. I have been making it since I first found it on Taste of Home and now everyone asks for it whenever we have a potluck event. Instead of baking it in the oven, I put it in a crock pot on low and it turns out great. Thanks for another terrific recipe.
Jan 18, 2018
This was the perfect recipe to use a bunch of leftovers. I didn’t have heavy cream so used half and half and milk instead and it came out great.
Jan 9, 2018
Great recipe! Followed the recipe exactly except for omitting the ham and my kids love it! Very easy to make.
Jan 5, 2018
Tried it with more bacon suggestion. Hard to go wrong with cheese and bacon. Hit with family, only down side it is high in calories but so is ice-cream and fudge sauce so we ate it slowly and enjoyed each bite.
May 21, 2017
Great and very easy recipe. A real comfort food, kind of dish. Followed the recipe to the letter and wouldn't go back to tweek anything.
May 3, 2017
This recipe was horrible. It was too thick, dry, not much flavor and just blah! I threw out the entire pan, and yes, I followed the recipe. I don't understand all the great reviews.
Apr 2, 2017
SO GOOD!!! I didn't even add the ham, but it was still a 5 star recipe! I used 1 cup heavy whipping cream and 1 cup half & half!
Sep 16, 2016
This was wonderful! I only changed it up by using light cream cheese and half and half because that's what I had. Entire family of including picky children ate it right up!
Sep 6, 2016
This looks and sounds delicious!!! We are watching our carbs, so I think I'm going to make this this weekend but use zucchini noodles instead of pasta...cannot wait to try this!!!!
Jul 1, 2016
I LOVED this recipe. I used half and half cream and for the chicken, I'd used the cooked, sliced chicken from our supermarket salad bar, along with cooked and crumbled bacon from the salad bar. I'd used Black Forest sliced cooked ham, cut in cubes. I used Italian-style bread crumbs. This dish was SO TASTY! Thank you, Nikki Barton, for your recipe!delowenstein