- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups sliced cooked chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 3/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat cream and cream cheese over medium heat until smooth, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1 cup Swiss cheese, onion powder, garlic salt and pepper until blended.
- Drain pasta; stir in chicken, bacon and ham. Add sauce; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and the bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, 18-22 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forChicken Cordon Bleu Pasta
"This was the perfect recipe to use a bunch of leftovers. I didn’t have heavy cream so used half and half and milk instead and it came out great."
"Great recipe! Followed the recipe exactly except for omitting the ham and my kids love it! Very easy to make."
"Tried it with more bacon suggestion. Hard to go wrong with cheese and bacon. Hit with family, only down side it is high in calories but so is ice-cream and fudge sauce so we ate it slowly and enjoyed each bite."
"Great and very easy recipe. A real comfort food, kind of dish. Followed the recipe to the letter and wouldn't go back to tweek anything."
"This recipe was horrible. It was too thick, dry, not much flavor and just blah! I threw out the entire pan, and yes, I followed the recipe. I don't understand all the great reviews."
"SO GOOD!!! I didn't even add the ham, but it was still a 5 star recipe! I used 1 cup heavy whipping cream and 1 cup half & half!"
"This was wonderful! I only changed it up by using light cream cheese and half and half because that's what I had. Entire family of including picky children ate it right up!"
"This looks and sounds delicious!!! We are watching our carbs, so I think I'm going to make this this weekend but use zucchini noodles instead of pasta...cannot wait to try this!!!!"
"I LOVED this recipe. I used half and half cream and for the chicken, I'd used the cooked, sliced chicken from our supermarket salad bar, along with cooked and crumbled bacon from the salad bar. I'd used Black Forest sliced cooked ham, cut in cubes. I used Italian-style bread crumbs. This dish was SO TASTY! Thank you, Nikki Barton, for your recipe!delowenstein"
"My 13 and 16 year old children are always thrilled when I make this. The best thing about this recipe is that you can tailor it to what your own family likes. I add more bacon and less ham because that is what I've found they like.I've done a few versions of the chicken. I've used rotisserie chicken, baked chicken and most recently, I put a few pieces of chicken in a crockpot and shredded it when it was done.I love to use the little shells with this recipe. In a pinch I've used elbows which works too. A certain HIT in our home. Thanks to whomever submitted it!!!"