Chicken Cordon Bleu Crepes
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups whole milk
- 2 cups coarsely chopped cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fully cooked ham
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour, eggs and milk until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat a lightly greased 7-in. skillet. Pour about 2 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet; lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a plate. Repeat with remaining batter, adding oil to the skillet as needed. Place waxed paper between crepes.
- Sprinkle the chicken, ham and cheese over crepes. Roll up tightly. Place seam side down in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour and bouillon until blended. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese and ham until cheese is melted. Pour 2/3 cup sauce over crepes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with remaining sauce.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 357 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 144mg cholesterol, 505mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 2, 2013
I think the next time I make this dish I will use tortillas.
Jun 8, 2013
Fun to make...not as yummy as I expected. I will make again just to make certain this cook was not the problem.
May 12, 2013
If you like crepes and chicken then you will like
Jun 24, 2011
I made half this recipe for my husband and I. It is a great weeknight dinner. Quite light and easy to make. I used rotisserie chicken and deli sliced ham (packaged). The filling or sauce could use some spice. I'm not sure what, maybe a little cayenne. Half the recipe made exactly 7 crepes = 3.5 servings.