Chicken Cordon Bleu Crepes
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups whole milk
- 2 cups coarsely chopped cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fully cooked ham
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour, eggs and milk until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat a lightly greased 7-in. skillet. Pour about 2 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet; lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a plate. Repeat with remaining batter, adding oil to the skillet as needed. Place waxed paper between crepes.
- Sprinkle the chicken, ham and cheese over crepes. Roll up tightly. Place seam side down in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour and bouillon until blended. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese and ham until cheese is melted. Pour 2/3 cup sauce over crepes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with remaining sauce.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 357 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 144mg cholesterol, 505mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Sep 2, 2013
I think the next time I make this dish I will use tortillas.
Jun 8, 2013
Fun to make...not as yummy as I expected. I will make again just to make certain this cook was not the problem.
May 12, 2013
If you like crepes and chicken then you will like
Jun 24, 2011
I made half this recipe for my husband and I. It is a great weeknight dinner. Quite light and easy to make. I used rotisserie chicken and deli sliced ham (packaged). The filling or sauce could use some spice. I'm not sure what, maybe a little cayenne. Half the recipe made exactly 7 crepes = 3.5 servings.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.