Chicken Cordon Bleu Calzones Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 8 thin slices deli ham
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Additional milk, optional
- 1. Place chicken in a greased 2-qt. baking dish; cover with water. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Combine cornstarch and milk until smooth; stir into skillet. Add seasonings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Drain chicken. Cut pastry sheets in half widthwise. On one side of each half, place a chicken breast, 1/4 cup mushroom mixture, two ham slices and one cheese slice. Fold pastry over filling and seal edges.
- 4. Place on a greased baking sheet. Brush tops with milk if desired. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until puffed and golden. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Cordon Bleu Calzones
"The flavor was fine. Just didn't care for all the pastry dough. chicken was moist!"
"I made this for dinner tonight and then checked the calories after I ate it. Needless to say, I was shocked. It was really good but I probably won't make it again or if I do, I will only eat half a serving....For those of you who are interested this dish is 1,128 calories per serving. :/"
"This was a big hit with the family, was easy to make.. Cant wate to tell the other Army wifes about it! :) Thanks"
"I tried this recipe and left out the mushrooms because I don't like them. This did not come out at all for me. Obviously not enough liquid and the sauce was like paste. I am sure it is great for people who like mushrooms."