- 2 packages (6 ounces each) reduced-sodium stuffing mix
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 8 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound sliced deli ham, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare stuffing mixes according to package directions. Meanwhile, whisk together soup and milk.
- Toss chicken with pepper; divide between two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Layer with ham, Swiss cheese, 1 cup cheddar cheese, soup mixture and stuffing. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Uncover; bake until cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casseroles. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake, covered, until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°, about 45 minutes. Uncover; bake until cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
Reviews forChicken Cordon Bleu Bake
"Made this for a dinner party. My guests all had second helpings. My family loved it. Definitely will make this again."
"easy and delicious. I used homemade sausage stuffing that I had in the freezer. I also only put on less cheese and not until the end of cooking time because I wanted the stuffing to get and stay crispy."
"Everyone seemed to like this very much. I wasn't as impressed. The taste of the stuffing overwhelmed everything. If you like stuffing, you'll like this recipe."
"I will make again. Very tasty and easy to put together."
"easy and yummy! Everyone in the family enjoyed it."
"My family liked this recipe. Will make again."
"I love this recipe! My picky meat and potato husband even liked it. As the other reviews state make sure to use low sodium everything. I used diced ham and boiled it to reduce the amount of salt. I recommend using more water and no butter/oil per stuffing instructions. Also, increase the milk and use cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soup to ensure the casserole wasn't dry. I love cheese so I added a bit more.I gave the second pan to my neighbors who shared it with friends and EVERYONE loved it. Super easy!"
"This recipe is a family favorite! Everyone enjoyed and always asks for the recipe."