This is the perfect chicken dish to serve to company. It has such a wonderful flavor and will impress all of your guests.—Naomi Judd, Nashville, Tennessee
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked saffron rice
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 tablespoons dried celery flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- Prepare rice according to package directions, omitting the butter. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown chicken in butter on both sides in batches. Remove and keep warm.
- Whisk the soup, celery flakes and thyme into the drippings until smooth. Add rice; mix well. Remove from the heat.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan; top with chicken. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 170°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 332 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 826mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Chicken Continental in Country Woman August/September 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.