Chicken Chopped Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups chopped or torn mixed salad greens
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) peaches, drained and chopped
- 1 cup chopped sweet red or yellow pepper
- 1/3 cup thawed limeade concentrate
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the limeade concentrate, oil, vinegar, cilantro, ginger and salt; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with peanuts.
Aug 31, 2012
I've sometimes substituted mango for peaches and added jicama for crunch.
Aug 8, 2011
I just made this salad for a girls weekend at the lake and everyone just loved it. The dressing was fantastic.
Apr 4, 2011
I enjoyed this, but it seemed to be too much dressing. So I just added some more lettuce. Lots of good flavor!
Apr 12, 2009
We substituted strawberries for the peaches, and it was awesome!! Got rave reviews from everyone at a potluck.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.