Chicken Chili with Herbs
Loaded with hearty beans and chicken, this zippy chili really warms us up on chilly winter nights.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 4-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup each chopped green, yellow and sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Reduce heat; add the beans, peppers, onion and seasonings. Cover and simmer 15 minutes. Add chicken; simmer for 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 201 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 474mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 7g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 vegetable.
Originally published as Chicken Chili in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Second Edition
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.