- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), halved
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, onions, 1-1/2 cups Mexican-cheese blend, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon cumin and cilantro. Stir in chicken; set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream, chilies, thyme, salt, pepper and remaining cumin. Spread 1/2 cup of the cheese sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with six tortilla halves, a third of the chicken mixture and a fourth of the cheese sauce. Repeat tortilla, chicken and cheese sauce layers twice. Top with remaining tortillas, cheese sauce and Mexican cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forChicken Chili Lasagna
"I don't know how many times I've fixed this lasagna!! The flavors here come together to make a keeper!! We love it!!"
"This is excellent! I usually add some black olives."
"Didn't like the crunch from the only semi-cooked onions. Tortillas got soggy for the leftovers. Added hot sauce to chicken mixture for a little heat."
"This has been a favorite in our family since the first time I made it."
"This is a much requested dish with friends. I have also made it in a crockpot for pot luck. There are never leftovers!"
"This is one of our favorite recipes and we make it often, it is a bit involved but is real worth it."
"I have made this for a Realtor Open House twice, and always get great reviews!"
"This is delicious! A bit labor-intensive, but great for a special occasion/company. Any leftovers will keep well. I wish I had a separate freezer so that I could make this and freeze half for another meal."
"I've made this recipe 5 times and everyone always loves it! It's also easy to adjust for flavor or whaterver you have on hand. Like it hotter? Add some fresh diced jalapeno for the green onions. Low on mexican cheese? Substitute sharp white cheddar. MMM!!!"