Chicken Chili Enchiladas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Chopped green onions and sliced ripe olives, optional
- In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cream cheese, chilies and salt until blended.
- In another skillet, cook tortillas in oil over medium heat until warmed and lightly browned on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Spoon a fourth of cream cheese mixture down center of each tortilla. Sprinkle with chicken. Roll up and place seam side down in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes. Brush tops with milk; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with green onions and olives if desired.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 877 calories, 52g fat (23g saturated fat), 145mg cholesterol, 1261mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 44g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 10, 2011
I loved this recipe. I used the same ingredients but increased everything for a larger serving. I skipped the milk and added more cheese on top. Excellent, I also did not put green onions on top.
Aug 8, 2011
Made exactly as stated. Filling was dry, no seasoning and there was no sauce for the top of the enchiladas. If I did make again I would have to season the chicken and make a sauce for the top.