- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Chopped green onions and sliced ripe olives, optional
- In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cream cheese, chilies and salt until blended.
- In another skillet, cook tortillas in oil over medium heat until warmed and lightly browned on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Spoon a fourth of cream cheese mixture down center of each tortilla. Sprinkle with chicken. Roll up and place seam side down in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes. Brush tops with milk; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with green onions and olives if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forChicken Chili Enchiladas
"I loved this recipe. I used the same ingredients but increased everything for a larger serving. I skipped the milk and added more cheese on top. Excellent, I also did not put green onions on top."
"Made exactly as stated. Filling was dry, no seasoning and there was no sauce for the top of the enchiladas. If I did make again I would have to season the chicken and make a sauce for the top."