Chicken Cheese Lasagna Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups (15 to 16 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour and salt until blended; cook until bubbly. Gradually stir in broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in 2 cups mozzarella, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, basil, oregano and pepper; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, parsley and remaining mozzarella; set aside. Spread one-quarter of the cheese sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; cover with one-third of the noodles. Layer with half of the ricotta mixture, half of the spinach and half of the chicken.
- 3. Cover with one-quarter of the cheese sauce and one-third of the noodles. Repeat layers of ricotta mixture, spinach, chicken and one-quarter cheese sauce. Cover with remaining noodles and cheese sauce.
- 4. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350°, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 410 calories, 22g fat (13g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 830mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Cheese Lasagna
"This lasagna is great. It's a perfect comfort food!"
"added mushrooms, and the zest of one lemon into the ricotta mixture, which balanced the heaviness of the cheese & dairy. Will make again, with fresh herbs as the only change."
"The sauce is bland. It either needs more seasoning or a stronger chees."
"I am a Wisconsin girl so when something says chicken and CHEESE lasagna, it better have some awesome cheesy flavor! This does not! It has a ton of cheese that has no flavor! I would do half mozzarella half asiago or some other tasty cheese! Then I would make it again!"
"Excellent recipe - no tweeks needed! Have made it many times - at home and for large crowds. Always gets good reviews. Thank you!"
"Fabulous! My kids even ate it and they don't like spinach!"
"loved this lasagna!"
"Excellent recipe. Made it exactly as written. A rare recipe where no tweaks are needed. Thank you!"
"Very good and easy. I added a jar of spaghetti sauce bc I like very saucy lasagnas. Turned out great."
"An excellent recipe! No changes needed! We made it for a crowd - it was a huge hit. Thank you!"
"Excellent! I think I would add mushrooms next time."
"What a tasty recipe! I made this for Easter dinner-for a change from ham- and everyone loved it.I have made this many times, and we prefer it if I use dry cottage cheese instead of ricotta. Ricotta is not always available in our small town, so that is a big plus for me."
"This is the best Lasagna that I have ever tasted! My kids just love it when I make it.I usually double the chicken and the sauce.It is definately a 6 star recipe"