Chicken Cheese Lasagna Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour and salt until blended; cook until bubbly. Gradually stir in broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in 2 cups mozzarella, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, basil, oregano and pepper; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, parsley and remaining mozzarella; set aside. Spread one-quarter of the cheese sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; cover with one-third of the noodles. Layer with half of the ricotta mixture, half of the spinach and half of the chicken.
- 3. Cover with one-quarter of the cheese sauce and one-third of the noodles. Repeat layers of ricotta mixture, spinach, chicken and one-quarter cheese sauce. Cover with remaining noodles and cheese sauce.
- 4. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350°, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 410 calories, 22g fat (13g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 830mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Cheese Lasagna
"This was SOOOO good! I cut this in half for my husband and I and used an 8x8 pan. I also used no-boil lasagna and that worked out well! Because of the size of the noodles and the 8x8 pan, I used 6 noodles. Everything else was made exactly as written (divided in half). I do believe there was just a tad too much spinach (personal preference), so next time I will cut back on that. For the sauce, I used just a little over half a cup as the "one quarter of the cheese sauce" and made sure each noodle was completely covered by either ricotta or the sauce, so that it wouldn't dry out. I believe it took about 38 minutes in the oven for me. From beginning to end this recipe took quite a while (as I had to cook the chicken beforehand), so next time I will have cooked the chicken in advance. A great recipe that I look forward to making again!"
"This lasagna is great. It's a perfect comfort food!"
"added mushrooms, and the zest of one lemon into the ricotta mixture, which balanced the heaviness of the cheese & dairy. Will make again, with fresh herbs as the only change."
"The sauce is bland. It either needs more seasoning or a stronger chees."
"I am a Wisconsin girl so when something says chicken and CHEESE lasagna, it better have some awesome cheesy flavor! This does not! It has a ton of cheese that has no flavor! I would do half mozzarella half asiago or some other tasty cheese! Then I would make it again!"
"Excellent recipe - no tweeks needed! Have made it many times - at home and for large crowds. Always gets good reviews. Thank you!"
"Fabulous! My kids even ate it and they don't like spinach!"
"loved this lasagna!"
"Excellent recipe. Made it exactly as written. A rare recipe where no tweaks are needed. Thank you!"