Chicken Cheese Enchiladas
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, soup, chilies and olives. Set aside 1-1/2 cups for topping. Add the chicken, 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese and 2 cups cheddar cheese to remaining soup mixture.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla; roll up tightly. Place seam side down in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with reserved soup mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses; top with onions. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 992 calories, 63g fat (35g saturated fat), 251mg cholesterol, 1765mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 63g protein.
Aug 2, 2012
I don't know how this got on the light menu either, it is 26 Weight Watchers points per serving! Not light in my category! Sorry
Jun 21, 2011
I agree with grandma 832, how in the world is this healthy, look at the calories and sodium, holy cow.
Feb 21, 2011
How can you list this under "healthy" when it has MORE sodium p/serving than most people should eat in a day ! Sodium should be 1500mg or less P/DAY. Things can be delicious without salt - - it's just a habit we've acquired and really need to be more aware of.
Sep 7, 2010
i don't know how this got into the light &tasy section at 992 calories per serving
Jun 23, 2008
I was disappointed with this recipe. I thought it was very bland and boring, something Mexican food never is. I will not be keeping this recipe.
May 16, 2008
just don't bake them for the 40 minutes as described cook for about 15 to 20 minutes depending on your oven but other than that they are good
May 12, 2008
I made these for Cinco De Mayo and everybody loved them. Easy to prepare. Will definitely be making them again.