- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 3 large carrots, shredded
- 4 cups cold cooked rice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, 1 tablespoon soy sauce and garlic; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry broccoli and green onions in 1 tablespoon oil for 5 minutes. Add carrots; stir-fry 4 minutes longer or until crisp-tender. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry chicken in remaining oil until no longer pink and juices run clear. Add the rice, pepper, vegetables and remaining soy sauce. Stir-fry until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forChicken Carrot Fried Rice
"I thought this Was very good. I added hot sauce and agave and also cooked the chicken in peanut oil instead of canola. This made it very flavorful!"
"I agree with another reviewer that it was ok, but mild. If I made this again, I would not use the soy sauce and other seasonings, but use a spicy peanut sauce instead."
"This was fine,quite mild, but I think I will stick with other recipes that I have made."
"We loved this! Will definitely make again. The last time I made it I did let the chicken marinate in the garlic and soy sauce for maybe thirty minutes, and it tasted extra flavorful."
"I made this with green beans, which I cut in half, instead of broccoli (because I didn't have any on hand) and it tasted great!"
"I have been looking for a good fried rice recipe for a long time. I finally found one. This is good. I have made it over and over."