Chicken Caesar Salad for Two
Topping a delicious Caesar salad with a tender grilled chicken breast ensures a healthy, filling lunch that satisfies. —Kay Anderson, Bear, Delaware
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 1 small tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fat-free creamy Caesar salad dressing
- Caesar salad croutons, optional
- Brush chicken with oil. Combine the garlic salt, paprika, pepper, basil and oregano; sprinkle over chicken. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Arrange romaine and tomato on plates. Cut chicken into strips; place over salads. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with croutons if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 236 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 653mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Chicken Caesar Salad in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.