Chicken Caesar Pasta Toss
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 quarts water
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 1-1/2 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat Caesar vinaigrette
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Add pasta. Return to a boil; cook for 4 minutes. Add asparagus; cook 6-8 minutes longer or until pasta and asparagus are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink. Remove from the heat.
- Drain pasta mixture. Add the chicken, tomatoes and vinaigrette; cook over low heat until heated through. Sprinkle with onions and cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 363 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 609mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Aug 20, 2016
Pretty good but nothing to gush about.
Jan 11, 2014
This was soooo good. Made with light Caesar dressing from refrigerated section of grocery since that is what we use. Used regular corkscrew pasta. Those were the only changes. Will eat remaining cold as others suggested. Would definately make again.
May 24, 2013
I used leftover rotissere chicken, farfalle pasta, and feta cheese. Everyone loved it! Our life skills class at school followed the recipe, but grilled the chicken and served the recipe cold. This was a big hit too! Great recipe.
Aug 26, 2009
This recipe just cried out to me to be served cold. So, I chilled everything after cooking, and served it as a hot summer day main dish salad. It was fantastic! Serving it cold was the only change I made to the recipe.
Aug 4, 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.