Chicken Caesar Deluxe Pizza
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + standing Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (120° to 130°)
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat Caesar vinaigrette
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1-3/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken and rosemary in oil until chicken is no longer pink; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, yeast, salt and basil. Add water; beat just until moistened. Stir in enough remaining all-purpose flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky). Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Cover and rest for 10 minutes.
- Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Spread vinaigrette over crust. Layer with spinach, green pepper, mushrooms, onion and chicken. Sprinkle with cheese and tomatoes. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 358 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 794mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Dec 16, 2009
I had varied success with the dough, but my roommates requested the meal so often I had plenty of chances to practice with it! A real crowd-pleaser.
May 7, 2009
Made this last night for dinner - it was really tasty! In the future, I think I would make it in a bigger pan, as I like a thinner crust. I only used 1/2 of the dressing the recipe called for, but if I made it bigger I would probably need all of the dressing. Thank you for the great recipe!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.