Cheryl Landis of Honey Brook, Pennsylvania prepares a picture-perfect dinner for two...without a lot of work. She seasons chicken and vegetables with sage and dill, then wraps them in aluminum foil, so everything grills together and cleanup is a snap.
Recommended: 17 Green Foods to Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 medium red potatoes, quartered and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 celery rib, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh dill sprigs
- Divide chicken and vegetables between two pieces of double-layered heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Sprinkle with sage, salt and pepper; top with dill sprigs. Fold foil around the mixture and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 30 minutes or until the chicken juices run clear and vegetables are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Bundles for Two in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p22