Chicken Bruschetta Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 cups chopped plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup Italian salad dressing, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 slices Italian bread (1 inch thick), toasted
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, basil, onion and 1/2 cup dressing; set aside. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness.
- 2. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear, basting occasionally with remaining dressing. Layer each slice of toast with a chicken breast, cheese slice and tomato mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 517 calories, 27g fat (7g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 1233mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 35g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Bruschetta Sandwiches
"Also good on toasted ciabatta rolls."
"These were a perfect dinner for a hot summer night! My husband complimented me after every bite (Thanks Simple & Delicious). We are not a fan of tomatoes, so I substitued a red pepper bruschetta and it was still fab!"
"This is a great summer recipe & the fresh basil really helps make it. Didn't have mozzarella so used sliced provolone instead. This is a really simple & delicious recipe."
"Fabulous! Hubby asked, "So when are you going to make these again?" This is a fabulous recipe, especially if you grow your own fresh basil like I do. Yum!"